Friday, March 6, 2009

When I grow up.......


This is a conversation between two 5 year olds (one of them being mine) that our Primary Pres., while working in the school library overheard yesterday........

Friend- "Avery what do you want to be when you grow up??"
Avery- " I am going to be a missionary."
Friend- " a what?"
Avery - "a missionary"
Friend-" What the heck is a missionary?"
Avery- "It is when you go and tell people about Heavenly Father and Jesus and the Holy Ghost. Then, you give them a Book of
Mormon."
Friend- (pause) "I think I am just going to be a police man."

Great job Avery! You always worry when someone comes to you and tells you they need to tell you something funny your child said. This time, it brought tears to my eyes!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my precious! i just love that boy to death. too bad i'm 15 years older than him... :( bugger. haha. you're obviously doing something right if he's already planning a mission at 5. :D
and thanks for your comment on my blog...it's always nice to have that reassurance :) if i can find someone as great as nate back home, then i'll feel accomplished.

Amie said...

Go Avery! That's awesome!

Julie K said...

That is adorable. Mine usually cause me tears of shame....

rebecca said...

I'm always relieved at a good report too:) And this was a great report!

Lytles said...

That is such a sweet moment! I'm glad you have this written down!

Angi said...

What a sweet little guy! Good job Mom! (Moms recognize great mothering in great kids)

Unknown said...

So cute! There is no doubt that Avery knows he's a Mormon! At least Nick is on the right track now! :)

Sue said...

I love it! That is the cutest little conversation ever. Way to go Avery!

Marla said...

How cute is THAT???? Love that story Carrie!

Linda Abilez said...

PRECIOUS!!

SL&G said...

That is so sweet! He will be such a great missionary! Seems like he already is. By the way thanks for the friends and family coupon. I will put it to good use.

Candice Carter said...

So sweet!!!