Thursday, April 16, 2009

No need to be pretty.......

My 5 year old  and I talked about marriage today, this is how it went....

Avery:  "Mom, do I have to marry a mormon girl??"  
Me: " Well, I hope that you do so that you can be married in the temple."  
Avery:  "What happens if I am not married in the temple??" 
Me:   (I went on to explain eternal families, etc. to him) 
          then I said....
          " Maybe after your mission you will go to BYU and find a 
             pretty girl to be your wife."  
Avery: " She doesn't have to be pretty."
Me:  "You don't want your wife to be pretty???"
Avery:  "DAD'S WASN'T."
Me:  "You get that I am dad's wife right?"
Avery:  "Mom, I have seen pictures and you were weird looking.

Thanks Avery, I am sure anyone who's seen pictures would agree.  It was the 90's, give me a break.  

12 comments:

Unknown said...

bahahahahaha! i laughed so hard at this! i'm pretty sure i've seen pictures of you and you were definitely NOT weird looking. ok fine, the hair, a little dated, but given, it WAS the 90s and we all had crazy hair ;)

tell avery i'll let him marry me once he gets home from his mission if i'm not married yet :)

rebecca said...

How hilarious!

Amie said...

That is so funny! It's better than Lydie's comment to me the other day, "you have a big bum-bum mommy!". At least you can blame "looking weird" on the fact that styles were different! I have no one to blame for having too much junk in my trunk! :)

Linda Abilez said...

Oh, Avery! So hilarious! Thanks for the hearty laugh this morning! :)

Angi said...

that made me laugh out loud! LOVE IT! If it makes you feel better, jackson told me in the car this afternoon that my nose is even bigger than Lebron James. Maybe I should do a post about it once the sting wears off a little.

Sue said...

You are nothing but beautiful... even in the 90's!! I love Avery's funny little comments:) He is a total crack up!

shayla said...

So funny--that was a laugh out loud moment! Tell him where does he think he got his good looks?! I'm thinking he looks a lot like the Bluth side!

Marla said...

Carrie! This is hillarious! It's probably more funny because I get stuff like that all time time lately about the size of me...this baby has to come soon before my children ruin my self esteem. Gracee is no longer allowed to tell me I'm "fat". She says "big" is a better word.

Julie K said...

That is hilarious!!! And NOT TRUE! My kids laugh at pictures of me back in the day....it's not our fault! Like we were personally responsible for the hairstyles, clothes and makeup of the 90's.

Purple Haley Smile said...

That is so cute! Hey we want to know when we will see you guys next!
-Haley

FARRER FAMLIY said...

Hey my mom gave me your guys blog It's so cute, I can't believe how big your kids are! It's been so long since we've seen you guys! Maybe we'll be able to keep in touch this way!

Cece Girl said...

Oh my goodness! I can't stop laughing! Got to love Avery honesty...and Carrie you are SO pretty! :)