Thursday, June 11, 2009

A sad day for mom....




My baby graduated Kindergarten today.  I am sad.  REAL school begins in the 1st grade.  The days are gone of cute songs, easy homework and long hugs before heading into class.  (this excludes Jane, she still needs the long hug to start her day!)  The beginnings of learning to read and write goes way too fast.  By 1st grade they are reading and writing and saying all their words correctly.  There is nothing more amusing then deciphering stories and letters written by a 5 year old.  
example:  My brt day we wnt to the bech and the mole.  
translation:  My birthday we went to the beach and the mall.
Avery loves to write stories so we have many little treasures to save.
I am sad today but will be better tomorrow when we don't have to jump up and get everyone out the door by 8:00am!  That will be nice.  August 27th I will be sad again because everyone will be a year older.  Time goes too fast.  I need to slow down and cherish each day.  


8 comments:

shayla said...

What a little hunk 'o' love! Yes, I know...freezing this age would be dreamy!

Amie said...

You're such a great mom, Carrie. Hooray for cute Avery! Enjoy those slow mornings!

rebecca said...

I hear you loud and clear. I've got a little while before Wes is in school, but I'll have a tissue in hand when he does!
Have a great summer with lots of easy going mornings:)

Unknown said...

So Cute! I know-I'm sort of glad Nick has one more year!

p.s Your lashes are very photogenic!!! :)

Sue said...

Yes, you are a great Mom. Time does go much too fast... can't believe Avery (Eric and Mason too) will be in 1st grade! What a sweet little boy he is. Miss you all!

Purple Haley Smile said...

hey I like to read your blog...so if you are really making it private...invite me!!!

Lytles said...

They grow up so fast! Savor those moments! Congratulations to Avery! First grade is great!

Jessica said...

Carrie I have had those same thoughts! Everyone says I should just say Graham is 2 years old, but he is only 20 months! I have to cherish these last few month before I have to say he is 2! You are a wonderful Mom! Give my sister a hug for me!