Friday, June 19, 2009

THE TREK 2009.....

click on photos to enlarge
Were you thinking Star Trek??
FAR FROM IT!!
This year for youth conference our stake put together a Pioneer Trek! Yes, handcarts and all! What a neat experience..... I think......me and some other TO2 ladies had the pleasure of going up and serving lunch to all of our wonderful stake youth. All I can say is my hat or bonnet goes off to those that are staying the whole 3 days. I only had to endure 2 hours in the shade asking the kids if they wanted white or wheat bread. I am exhausted! I so could not have been a pioneer! Tomorrow they are going to do an 11 mile trek in not so cool weather wearing not so cool clothes. Let's hope they "endure" and really get a feeling for what our ancestors went through. This is Jake's first youth conference, let's just say he didn't look too happy when I ran into him today. His bed and shower will be waiting Sat. night!

Most of us probably got to do this or something similar as a youth......did YOU love it???



8 comments:

Unknown said...

aw my bro looks so cute! and i miss all you beautiful ladies! i never went on the trek, actually :) i lucked out haha. i've heard it's really tough though.

rebecca said...

Ha! I would have struggled too. The bathroom issue alone would have done me in.
I'd love for my kids to go on a Trek in order to appreciate their bed and shower and comforts of life a little more.

Amie said...

I did LOVE it. By the time it was over, I had learned so much. I remember being miserable at first though. We didn't have a white bread option on ours! :)

Sue said...

Hope Jake survived and enjoyed it! He doesn't look too happy in the pics... though you two look adorable together in your pioneer garb! Richard is going on Trek this weekend with our Stake:)Pray for him...

Lytles said...

Looks like fun! Good times for Jacob! I remember those days!

shayla said...

You are one hot pioneer mama, Carrie! We never did a trek...but do you remember when we drove up to girls camp late one year and instead ended up in San Diego cause we're such retards? Good thing you weren't leading the girls on the trek! haha. Good times.

Purple Haley Smile said...

How fun!
We are doing trek this year and it is this weekend and I am so excited! :D

Carrie said...

Shay,
I am totally cracking up right now remembering that trip to girls camp! How dumb are we??? We were just having way too much fun talking! I will so never be in the lead!