Saturday, November 7, 2009

I did it!

Today was an absolutley BEAUTIFUL day to run my first 1/2 marathon. I mean if you are going to run one it is nice if it can be 67 degrees and right on the beach! All three of us that went succeeded. It was long and I have to admit there were a couple of times I wanted to cry. At the end when I saw Nate and my kids I got a little teary and considered stopping right there. But no, I had to finish! With a time of 2 hours and 4 min I was very proud. Better than I expected since there were a few unexpected hills. All in all I am glad is it over! I have sore feet and legs and a sunburned face. What an experience! Will I do it again??? You bet!

Me and my running BFF's
The stats!! (click to enlarge)


My supporters.....HUGE to have them there!

By the way, Santa Barbara DOES have cheesey hotels....

12 comments:

Richard said...

Way to go, Carrie Jane!! You are the best! Love the picture with Nate and the Kids. Much Love, Rich.

Sue said...

Wow. That's all I can say! You are an inspiration!! Wish we could have been there to cheer for you at the finish line... i hope we can do a race together someday. Keep it up:)
ps... cute SB race shirt!

rebecca said...

What a huge accomplishment! I totally agree that family cheering you on is a HUGE lift. Good for you for training and finishing, and looking towards another race! Amazing. What a gorgeous day too:)

Sara C said...

Yea! You're awesome! I could hardly walk for 2 days after I ran the half. Can you say hot bath???
:)

Marla said...

Carrie, that is huge! Congratulation! I don't think I could ever...!

Dave ran a half last year and he said the last 3 miles for him were the hardest hes ever run...said he would never do a marathon!

So proud of you!

Unknown said...

Way to go Carrie!!!!

Candice

Lytles said...

Great job Carrie! You look great!

Amie said...

WOW! Great job Carrie. Wish we could have been there cheering you on (or running with you!).

Candice Carter said...

Thanx for the recipe..... I am making them today!! XOXOXO

lawdy said...

Carrie,
That's so great! You made a good time too! Doesn't it feel rejuvenating? You look great!

Cece Girl said...

Yay Carrie! That's so fabulous...I'm so proud of you!

Julie K said...

I'm proud of you (and a bit jealous). Pie and I are talking about the Moab 1/2. Too bad we are so far away from Cali--I would love a course along the beach. Good job!