Friday, November 6, 2009

Off to the RACES........I mean race.


Well, I am off to Santa Barbara to run my first 1/2 marathon! Yikes! I have been training for a few months and the day has finally arrived. I am excited but also nervous. I certainly picked a beautiful place to run 13 miles, it is right along the beach! Tonight myself and two friends that are also running are staying at a cheesy hotel ( how bad can it be if it is in SB???) We are going to do some shopping and have a carb filled dinner. Anyway, wish me luck! I will post tomorrow and let you know how it all turned out! http://www.newspress.com/halfmarathon/

3 comments:

shayla said...

Good luck! That can't be too bad...being in SB and all--the most relaxing 1/2 K you could ever run!

Sue said...

Good luck!! I will be thinking about you - can't wait to hear how it goes. You rock!

Lytles said...

Good Luck Carrie! You'll do great! What a great place to run a race!