Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Race


While driving in the car yesterday my five year old asked, "So when McCain and Obama race will they wear track uniforms?"  His brother and sisters are  in track.....those are the only kind of races he knows!  How crazy would that be if the election was decided by a foot race!  I cannot believe how interested a 5 year old is in the election.  As we drive around town he points out every sign;  "there's another Obama sign....who do we want to win again mom? McCain and the lady??"  With all that is going on here in Calif. with the Prop. 8, it is hard for the whole family not to get involved!  

7 comments:

Angi said...

Cute. I have been amazed at how interested my kids are in it too. I don't remember even knowing about any elections when I was a kid. Mine keep asking me if anyone is the winner yet. I think the footrace is a good idea. Or maybe they can farkle for it.

Angi said...

pumpkin bar question: I was gonna make some tonight. I just noticed that the recipe says plain pumpkin, and I bought pumpkin pie filling. Will that work, or is it gonna screw it up?

Carrie said...

I have not used it so I cannot tell you for sure.....I think pumpkin pie filling already has all the spices and evap milk in it. It may be too runny. Let me know how it goes.... Also, send me your email, mine is carriebluth@yahoo.com

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara C said...

I would be more interested in the race if it was a foot race or an arm wrestle or something like that!

Sue said...

that's awesome. I love that he is so aware.

shayla said...

amen, sista! It's such a historical election!