Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Favorite Fall Treat


 Its the first day of October.............what do I smell?????????  PUMPKIN BARS!!!  These are our family favorite!  We can't wait for October so we can have them!  Between Oct. and Nov. I cannot count how many times I make a pan of these yummy treats!  They are great to give to neighbors, friends and the girls you visit teach.  Even if you are not a pumpkin fan, I promise you will love these!   Go ahead, make them, your house will smell divine!!  

2 cups flour 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar 1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp baking powder 1 cup oil
1 tsp soda 15 oz can plain pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon 4 eggs
1 tsp nutmeg

frosting-
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter
3 oz cream cheese
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix together all ingredients thoroughly.  Pour onto greased jelly roll pan. Bake 25 minutes.  Frost when cooled.

5 comments:

Angi said...

I remember these! I LOVE pumpkin, and your bars are the best! Thanks for the recipe, I'll be whipping up a batch soon.

Angi said...

in response to the message about my car. Yes we really love it. It feels a little more like a mini van on the inside because it had the captains chairs in the second row, then they can walk back between them to the third row. I love that they don't have to climb over and get their dirty shoes all over the seats. Also, the gas mileage is a little better than the big ones. 17/24 hwy.

Kate said...

I've had many a pan of your pumpkin bars- Yummy! I can already smell them and can practically taste them. Sooo glad fall is here, even though it's hot enough to hit the beach again! :)Thanks for the recipe.

Amie said...

mmmm. yummy. I can almost smell them now. I love fall treats!

Sue said...

sounds so tasty and delicious!