Sunday, September 14, 2008

What would we do without grandpas??


Last Saturday my nephew, Noah, was baptized; my dad would not miss it.  With some effort, my mom got him dressed and took him over to the church.  Dad STOOD as a witness to the baptism and was in the circle for Noah's confirmation.  What a neat experience this was to watch.  We never would have thought 5 months ago that this would be possible.  We are very blessed.


Two weeks ago our family had another scare when my father in law had a heart attack (while rollerblading).  Luckily he was quickly taken to the hospital and had surgery to fix the blockage.  All is well and Rich is doing great; he even got to witness BYU slaughter UCLA.  Rich is such an amazing father and grandpa, we are thankful each day that he is in our lives.

8 comments:

Amie said...

Grandpas ARE the best!

Sue said...

Wow - Steve looks wonderful! I am so happy to hear that his progress is so good. Thanks for your prayers for Richard... we are so blessed:)

Angi said...

Oh Carrie, how cool! I was giving Ben the update on you guys with all that I had learned from your blog. I'll be happy to tell him this part!

Marla said...

The things we need to be grateful for...

So glad both grandpa's are doing well!

shayla said...

It's so nice that you can live a few minutes away from both sides of the fam! I'm so sorry about your dad's stroke--our fam sure thought he was the funniest {insurance guy!} But hooray for all those miracles and blessings along the way! Give your fam our best. Hey, and so that we can make sure we keep in touch? Here's my email: toushay73@gmail.com. You look fabulous, girl! I need some of your youthful genes!

Kate said...

It's such a blessing that your dad was able to make it to the baptism! He looks so great! Glad to hear Nate's dad pulled through his heart scare. Your kids have awesome Grandpas.

Kate said...

p.s. It worked! Great new blog backdrop!

lawdy said...

first time on your blog today. So fun! I'm glad you started one. Your family is so darling!