Thursday, September 4, 2008

My potted garden


I have finally found a hobby to do in my spare time!  Who would have thought I would enjoy gardening so much!  We started our garden last year when we fixed up our backyard.  At the side of our house is a long side yard that is a complete waste of space!  My initial plan was to cement the whole thing......cement is not a cheap option.  Then one day I was on the Home Depot site and I saw a picture that gave me this great idea; why not do a potted garden and a garden pathway!  Over the next couple of days, which included many trips to Home Depot, we created this great garden; it has brought so much joy to our family.  The kids love going out there and watching things grow.  We can always find one of them out there singing and playing.  It is better than any playhouse!  We have had everything from beets to turnips to watermelon, and eggplant.  Avery even grew corn! My husband loves cooking with things from the garden.  So even if you do not think you have room for a garden, think again!  It is amazing the things that grow in pots!

8 comments:

Amie said...

It's an easy hobby to get into. It's so rewarding and kids love it. Your picture is beautiful. No wonder they like going out there.

lindsay said...

I didn't know you have a blog! What a lovely garden.

Sue said...

I share your passion:) The picture is beautiful... like something out of a magazine!

Angi said...

Carrie! I was so excited to get your message on the blog! Then to find that you have a blog I can stalk, too...Gravy! We miss you guys so much. I have felt such a connection with the Zeediks just from being able to read her blog and watch her kids grow. I am so thrilled to be able to do the same with your sweet little family. Everyone looks great- I can't believe those are the same kids. Love you!

Marla said...

You have to explain the facebook thing! I was looking for you yesterday and you were nowhere to be seen! Something weird happen?? I was looking for you to let you know that we're coming to CA for Xmas this year. REUNION??!!!

SO glad you have a blog - I will definitely become a regular.

Marla said...

No, I don't have your email. Mine is daveandmarla@usa.net

btw, I LOVE your side yard garden! It is beautiful! We lived in Minnesota for 2 years and you could grow anything there. I had a huge vegetable garden and I loved, loved, loved it. I haven't had one since and I miss it. I think there's something so theraputic about gardening.

tammy said...

Carrie...you guys have not changed a bit!! It brought a smile to both of our faces. We truly love you guys, and cherish the great times we have had together. This is so fun! Keep up the good work...my blog has definately come to a screetching halt. I have never been good at consistency. I love the garden!!!! Tammy

shayla said...

So fun to find your blog! I'm quite impressed! I'm a loser when it comes to the green thumb thing. Apparently, you've got it goin' on!