Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My naive 11 year old

Last night we took the kids to Coffee Bean to get a hot chocolate for FHE.  We were relaxing on their comfy couches when our 11 year old asked us what lingerie was...... her dad so eloquently replied "it's womens pretty bras and unders."  She then stopped and said "you mean like sandals?"  We laughed pretty hard when we realized what she meant to say was "like thongs." Her dad, being the good dad that he is corrected her and told her they were really called slingshots.  It is sad that an 11 year old  knows what a thong is.......she's certainly never seen one on me!  Those darn Victoria Secret windows at the mall.

6 comments:

Amie said...

oh wow. that is hillarious. Nate's the best.:)

Angi said...

it does my heart good to hear that she didn't know what lingerie was though. what a cutie!

Sue said...

What a crack up. I can just hear the whole thing... Sweet Aubs.

SCRAPPNMOM said...

Hey Carrie! I found your blog on Shay's. I didn't know you were a blogger! Can I add you to my list of blogs I stalk? This post is so funny. My girls are still young and get a kick over boobies and bras. I always wonder what is going to happen when they are a bit order. Good luck with that Carrie!

Lori said...

Carrie- Hey there! I found your blog through Katherine's. It's so fun finding old friends. It's fun to catch up on your family. Your kids are adorable. Funny story. I'm wondering if my 11 yr. old girl knows what a thong is, hmmmmm. Hope all is well, and glad your blogging. It really is a fun way to journal and stay connected with people. Take care! -Lori

Marla said...

I still call flip-flops thongs sometimes and have to correct myself...how times change! I think 'sandals' is a much better word for them - Aub should start that trend!